Thursday 1 February 2018

Pebble turns 3

It's been 3 months since my last blog, Christmas preparation with 3 under 5's and hosting 16 people for the 3 days post Christmas kept me rather busy. I will fill you in in what I've been u to another time though because this blog about another milestone- Pebble's 3rd birthday.


It's hard to believe that my little girl is now 3. I know this is such a cliche but there comes this realisation that she's not a baby anymore, she's even encroaching onto little girl territory rather then toddler territory. When we move here last summer she was not long walking and here she is now reciting the entire alphabet. 
I think of her as my baby girl and yet after the Easter holidays she will be going off to preschool just like her big brother was until this summer. 




The terrible twos have been remarkably unpainful, Pebble is generally easy to please, happy and is very sweet. She loves to be helpful and will often be found repeatedly picking up food Pip has thrown off her high chair (just for Pip to throw the food back again!) 
Pebble is also very emotional and sensitive, tonight it was over her wanting a bath but also not wanting to take her slippers off. Pebble is also incredibly smart, she learns so quickly and takes note of everything her big brother is learning. She's just gorgeous and we are so lucky to have her. 

For this birthday Hubby took the day off and we went to soft play with her friend. The next day we went down to my parents where my brother his wife and twins were also visiting. The kids had a lovely time together. 

This year having shown Pebble two books and a Pinterest board worth of birthday cakes she picked the one I was dreading- a trolls cake with princess Poppy. I have to say the cake was not quite as painful as I had imagined. I worked out that having princess Poppy lying down would help me with the whole icing vs gravity issue. I had to bin my first Poppy attempt however I used a little toy pirate to help hold up Poppy's heavy head and hair which made the second attempt relatively sucessful. 

So anyway here it is 






I finished this at a very respectable 9.50pm the night before Pebble's birthday although didn't finish making Pebble's dress until the next morning. 



You will see from above that we got Pebble a unicorn and I have to confss that we didn't do a good job of breaking gender stereotypes for Pebble's birthday- she also got salvanian families ( a second hand bargain I got at the end of last year) 
The funny thing is I realised after we picked this up that I myself had the same hedgehog family for my 4th birthday after I dug out an old photo. 





Being truly nostalgic I dug out something from my own childhood. As a little girl I was obsessed with seals, we went on boat trips annually to see the baby seals in the Farne Islands and I had a massive array of teddy seals (dozens and dozens of them). They've been in storage because I can hardly have hundreds of teddy seals around but also cannot bear to part with them (much to my husband's dispair!) So I dug out the first and second teddy seals which I given, gave them a wash and passed them to Pebble. 

As you can see, Pebble has happily adopted the seals :) 


Another very girly present was a Elsa dress 


So anyway here is our amazing girl, I just hope she slows down and stays little! 








No comments:

Post a Comment