Tuesday 21 January 2014

Getting into character

Nemo is fast developing into a right little character at the moment, it's a pleasure to see :) 

He loves interacting with people and has learnt to blow raspberries (this is now his favourite trick and he will spend ages doing it constantly!) this means he loves mirrors 
He also loves interacting with his big sister our lab Poppy 
Nemo is such a curious little boy he gets so frustrated if he sees something but cannot reach it and wants to pickup everything and put it in his mouth! 
He's also showing himself to be a little mischievous, after trying him with peas once and getting this response: 
The second time I tried he did this: 
Nemo is just so fun to be around 

It's a real privalide to see him grow , I can't get my head around the fact that 6 months ago he was just a little bundle in my belly! 

So whilst Nemo has been growing into his own little person I have been growing into this new housewife/ Mother role. Having worked full time in a role which I found challenging but fulfilling I thought I might miss work, I have as yet to miss it! I have found such pleasure in making yummy cheep meals for my husband (maternity pay ending soon means we are on a tight budget now!) we have gone vegetarian to help our food costs and I have been living from a vegetarian cook book I got given as a student. My husband is coping well without his meat however found it hard to have a roast without it!  

I have also really enjoyed making Nemo's food (I know this must be sad right?) you have no idea how I enjoyed realising that the latest batch of purées kind of resembled traffic lights 


And all of a sudden I realise how domesticated I'm becoming. I have applied to work part time but feel overwhelmed by the desire to stay at home with Nemo. I visited a child minder on Monday and felt so sad with the idea of paying someone else to care for him. That's not to say that I have any objections to other mothers working but for me personally I'm struggling with it. Life is also easier for us when im at home. My husband works full time and does several hours of revision for his CFA exams on top and my job is pretty busy and stressful and I would often feel drained by the end. 
On one hand I want to be a person of substance and worry that quitting work will make me boring and dull but on the other hand leaving Nemo with someone else for 24 hours a week feels like a lot and I am just enjoying looking after him soooo much! 
At the moment I have resided my fate to the decision of my work at the moment as I don't know if they will even offer me part time, but in the meanwhile I am left waiting and wondering what I should do! 

1 comment:

  1. love reading your posts Beckie. I've started doing loads more cooking too, since starting on Slimming world. Chris and I tend to eat at the same time, but mostly these past 2 weeks we have been making our own meals. And, to my surprise I have actually enjoyed it. I have been meat free too.
    Nemo is fab, I love his hat and that he is blowing raspberries, bless him!
    Work wise - I know for a fact I would feel exactly the same as you, in that I would feel awful paying someone to look after a child I want so badly. I also tend to think that working for a wage which will go on paying someone to look after said child, seems a little ... well, pointless? Obviously, this is only my opinion. Would like to think I would go back to work though. Is it possible for you to work on an evening at all whilst A is at home with Nemo? I know you probably wouldnt be able to do the same role, but you could always go back to that? Anyway, whichever decision you make will be right for you at the time. Love your updates, keep them coming. Love from Leeds x

    ReplyDelete