Monday 6 January 2014

Crochet endeavours

So for Christmas I asked for some crochet things, I have been knitting for a few years but decided after watching other people that I would like to give it a go. 

I got some lovely crochet hooks in awesome colours from my mother in law:
 
We went to my Parents for Christmas and my mums friend started me off:

This was my first attempt, as you can see I started off somehow decreasing in double crochet however it steadily got better and I started some treble crochet. Then my Mum taught me granny squares

 I have since attempted to do a mug warmer, I did the granny squares in half treble however I couldn't get the hang of the edging around (think I'll have to wait to my next visit home!)

So sticking to the granny squares I decided to do some for a blanket


Funnily enough I received a lovely hat for Nemo in the post from a health visitor I used to work with who now lives in Bermuda which is crocheted 


Hopefully I will be able to make something this good in the future! 

1 comment:

  1. Ah the granny squares are fab id love to learn crochet but am still rubbish at knitting. Love Nemo's hat x

    ReplyDelete