Thursday 7 January 2016

And that was that....

It is done, after months and months of agonising and boring numourous people, numourous times by discussing it over and over I have handed in my notice at work. 
I feel a little sad and a little relieved. I love Social work and it has become a big part of my identify. However the reality of working long hours, with two little ones, earning no money (as child care would wipe out my after tax earnings) meant it really made very little sense to return. My line of work is also especially difficult to balance with family life. 
About 6 weeks ago I made the decision to return even just for a trial period to see how it went; however I then came to find that there were no child minders local to my work with spaces for 2 under 3's. So that was that, decision made really. 
I will start to do some sort of work, paid or voluntary going forward to ensure I continue my registration as a social worker however my career as it currently stands is being put on hold. 

Now the decision is made I am looking forward to being able to continue staying home with my monkeys whilst they are little. And I feel very fortunate that I am able to do this (as long as we keep a very careful eye on our budgeting!) I also feel a bit concerned that I will lose a part of myself however when I sent my resignation I was nursing Pebble and just had a sense that this was where I needed to be. 
So there you go, it's time to see what happens next! 

And couldn't sign off without showing you my gorgeous little ones :) 
Pebble in her Christmas outfit (I know it had to be done!) 
Nemo feeding his doll 
Oh and I couldn't miss out my furry baby :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment