Monday 21 December 2015

Showering baby

So this blog is super late as I organised a baby shower for my friend back at the end of October but oh well better late then never!
My friends were very kind to us when we had Nemo so when C got pregnant I started the pinteresting almost immediately! I love all the ideas you can get on Pinterest, however it's a bit addictive and I find myself getting big to do lists when I go on! 
So here is a flavour of the baby shower :) 

We had the shower at our friends' house so we did lots of decoration! 

We got the paper decoration ball things (!) from ikea 

Butterflies :) 



I also made two buntings for the occasion. 




of course there was lots of food :) 

Rainbow fruit skewers 

Of course lots of the food was pink themed as it's a little girl on her way. I think the mushrooms made of strawberries and marshmallows with decorated with white chocolate were a favourite. 


We had mocktails (with umbrellas and curly straws of course!)

And here's the cake, it took me ages to separate the colours of hundreds of smarties! 

As for entertainment we had spa couple of silly games


We had a blind folded nappy change. It was good to know that the last 2 years of changing to small people's nappies has come in handy as I won the blind folded nappy challenge! 
We also had guess the date, name suggestions, advice for the parents and guess the weight! 
And now for my favourite game:
Oh yes! Pin the sperm on the egg! It was quite funny although a bit awkward encouraging the grandparent generation present to play! 

To end there was present opening - yay! Like all good baby showers there were lots of lovely gifts, me and hubby put together a hamper thing together which I was quite proud of. I stupidly forgot to take a picture but yo can kind of see it here!




No comments:

Post a Comment