Saturday 5 March 2016

The force has descended on our household

Sorry it's been a little while. The children do a really good job at keeping my busy. 
For a while now Nemo has been getting into Star Wars. It started with a cheep tescos t shirt which had cartoon Storm Troopers and Darth Vader on. (You can see it here.) 

One day me and Hubby were watching the old Star Wars films on our ipad and Nemo comes over and looks- and goes "Darth Vader!" Nemo loves the space ships and loved imitating the Darth Vader noise. So since that point he likes me to show YouTube clips of Darth Vader. (I've found a clip of him talking to Luke with no violence in!) 
Realising that Darth Vader is a baddy I've tried showing him yoda hoping he might prefer him but no definately a Vader boy! With the new star war films there is a plethora of star war children's clothing of which Nemo loves (especially his star war pyjamas!)

(Here is Nemo with a storm trooper t-shirt and his rocket leggings!)

So the other day I was walking past build-a-bear and saw this Star Wars teddy bears including a storm trooper, Star Wars, and Chewbacca. Me and hubby out of complete softness decided to get Nemo a Darth Vader teddy. 
We initially thought we might get it for his birthday but it not being until the summer me and Hubby couldn't wait! I remember as a child going to a toy shop with my little brother and my Dad and my Dad out of the blue buying us a toy each. I got a teddy rabbit which went in a hammock. It was so unexpected and I know I really treasured it! As a parent giving my child a treat every now and then is probably at least just as exciting for me as it is for my child! 
I have to say the designers of this teddy did an impressively good job at somehow making Darth Vader look cute. It even has a button on his hand which makes the classic Darth Vader noise! 


Nemo loves his Vader teddy. He hasn't let it out of his sight since getting it. What I hadn't anticipated is the interesting phrases I heard us saying whilst were walking around. For example:
-Me: "Do you want to hold Darth Vader or put him in the pram?"
-Nemo: "Oh no! Darth Vader fell over" 
-Hubby: "Be nice to Darth Vader please" and also "Be nice to Darth Vader otherwise he will use the force" 
-Me: "Why don't you take Darth Vader a walk in the pram?" 
-Nemo: "Darth Vader is riding on Poppy!" 
-Nemo: "Darth Vader tired!"
-Nemo: "Darth Vader loves the tea!"




Getting the teddy seems to have been good timing in helping cheer Nemo up as we suddenly realised today that he had developed had a massive rash across the entirety of his back, torso and a bit on his arms and legs. We took him to the pharmasist who thought It may be an alergic reaction. As a result we have now discovered the joys of piriton. This was Nemo a little while after the pririton...

He went on to have a lovely nap in his bed. Thankfully the piriton seems to be helping and fingers crossed I'm hoping there will be no need to take him to the out of hours! (Why oh why is it that you usually end up having to take your children to the doctors on an evening on a weekend!?!)

Thankfully we are at an age where we can get something for Nemo without having to worry about getting something for Pebble too but I know these times will be short lived! Pebble for now seems pretty content with constant cuddles and nursing! 

Anyway I've been up to quite a lot recently so will probably write another blog about all that! 

Here is a adorable photo of Nemo and Pebble (and very in theme Nemo is of course wearing a Star Wars t-shirt!) 





1 comment:

  1. I get hooked on your blog! Love the picture of Darth Vader riding on Poppy, she seems such a good dog. I hope Nemo was ok, and that the piriton helped?x

    ReplyDelete