Thursday 21 July 2016

A tale of two quilts

I have managed to finish two projects in the last two days which has filled me with a great sense of satisfaction. 

Firstly I have finished my attic 24 ripple blanket http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/ripple-blanket-know-how.html I used the cupcake bundle of wool. 

So here it is 



I've decided it's going to live on the spare bed so here it is. 


One of the first things I did in the house was getting the spare room ready. I have the travel cot even set out in the room as it makes it feel a bit easier when I'm missing friends and family to know that I have somewhere that's ready for them to stay in! 

So here is our guest room. I love that it looks out onto the garden too


So I also finished Nemo's pirate quilt for his birthday. Now I've been debating making a quilt for years (before I had Nemo days!) I eventually with a little advice from my amazing mum decided to take the plunge! So here it is 



Now again from advice from my Mum I need to go back and 'stitch in the ditch' (as diagonal lines would go through the faces!) to finish the quilting experience fully! 

Now it's onto my next projects..... :) 

1 comment:

  1. Both your quilts are lovely, hope Nemo loves his pirate quilt! The fabric is gorgeous. And the spare room looks fab, i hope you have visitors soon :) x

    ReplyDelete