Tuesday 31 January 2017

Little Pebble is two!

Warning I'm going to do that annoying stereotypical thing where I say, oh where has the time gone..... My baby is so big now.. Etc etc

The morning of Pebble's birthday saw me looking through baby photos on tears that by little baby girl is now 2 years old! I'm going to blame the pregnancy hormones on that one. 
The years seem to go more slowly with Nemo, I think being my first I am acutely anxious about everything, it started when he was first born with: ....Is this sick up normal...should a newborn do this many poos (believe me every nappy almost without fail was a dirty one!) and this has evolved now to:..I still have to keep reminding him to hold a pen properly... Is it normal to be so resistant to learning the alphabet!
With Pebble the years seem to slip by more quickly, I don't worry about that sick-up and I know that she will grow out of that certain phase because her Brother did that exact thing. Suddenly my baby is 2, and can I really call her my baby anymore, Or has she definately gone over that baby/ toddler line? 

Pebble is honestly just a bundle of cuteness, almost everything she does is adorable (emphasis on the almost). Nemo and Pebble have completely different personalities and I think Pebble's was pretty set the second she was born. On the first night of her life she absolutely screamed if she was out in her cot. The midwives tried in vain to get her to sleep in the crib before eventually declaring defeat and reluctantly helping me sleep safely with her in my arms. Since her birth Pebble has spent a lot of time in this pose 

That is snuggled up to usually me or Hubby or alternatively another family member sucking her fingers. You can not give this girl too much love or affection she just soaks it all up. 

So here are the obligatory then and now photos....






Oh course having just turned two the tantrums have started and they can be very dramatic (I have no idea where she got that from......) 

For Pebble's birthday she got very girly things like dolls as Christmas saw us get quite a lot of car things. 

Pebble loved her balloon and kept it around her at all times for days!


We were bad parents, taking Nemo out of pre school and going to the deep sea world in Edinburgh. The highlight of this was the underwater tunnel where you stand on a moving belt and are you moved around a circle of tunnel. Now it had some sharks in but impressively these Sharks were pretty large (bigger then us!) 





The 2 days prior to Pebble's birthday Hubby had been in Bristol. It was a bit of a struggle to manage things so I didn't get to make Pebble's birthday cake until the night before. I was so tired but determined to finish it in time! 

Pebble loves things likes rabbits and ducks and likes the Alice in Wonderland film so I did a magic garden theme with a well and fair toadstool house. 


Perhaps not my best but Pebble seemed to like it. Pebble didn't get the whole blowing out the candle thing so Nemo did it for her. The hilarious thing was though that once the lights were out back on we found Pebble had already taken a fondant mushroom from the cake and was eating it! 

Well Happy Birthday to my lovely little girl, let's hope the terrible twos are kind to us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment