Friday 13 January 2017

Snow and sewing

Well the housework has gone a little to pot the past week as I've been suffering with my hips. I was feeling a bit useless at the beginning of the week as my poor hubby is having to do a lot of the things I usually do around the house. I decided to put my efforts into doing things I am able to! 

So 8 days later I'm ashamed to say, I eventually made the dress for my lovely friend's gorgeous girl for her first birthday. You'll probably recognise the pattern as the Sally Dress from veryshannon.com. I have now made 6! 

I'd bought the purple fabric before my friend's baby was even born but couldn't resist adding some owl material to the dress for some fun! 
This was the first time I've made the dress and had an overlocker. I do like the neater affect you can get on the seams. 


The next night I decided it was time for me to finally use the whale jersey fabric to make the children some leggings, something I've been meaning to do for months. 

Nemo's leggings which he found a novel use for:


Pebble's leggings.

I had some fabric left over from the meter so the inevitable happened!

Pip leggings!!!
I took a photo with my hand for Hubby so he could see how tiny they are! 
I hope they fit because I just grabbed a baby grow for size! 
I am looking forward to a photo with all 3 babies wearing their leggings!
But I still had some fabric so wanting to get my money's worth out of that meter, I made a hat!

Pebble kept a good flow of imaginary tea for me!
I made the hat a little larger as our babies have been born with really big heads!

Aside from the sewing I've been continuing my Jane Crowfoot Lily pond blanket which my parents bought me for Christmas. I've now done 12 of the 30 odd pieces I need to complete it!

It's not blocked and has stitch markers in so looks a little messy at the moment!

I've also completed the first week of the crochet along which attic 24 is doing at the moment. 


Part 2 came out today so I will be starting that this evening! 

So onto the snow! 

Yes today for the first time in Nemo and Pebble's lifetime we woke up to snow!
Ok so I know quite a lot of the country did but Nemo's face was the picture of excitement. He also needed convincing that it wasn't Christmas again! Pebble was happy to look at the snow from afar and stay in the warmth with her tea set! 




 First order of the day was to make a 'snowtruck'. 
This involved me doing the vast majority of the work whilst Nemo told me what to do!
So here it is......
Ok so it's not great! And to be honest I think is resembles a train more but have you ever tried making one???

I wanted to do a snowman so here's my attempt
He looks a little official with the kids plastic police hat on! He has a carrot nose and grape eyes however not too long after he was made birds ate his eyes and nose and knocked his head off! 

Even Poppy had a play! 

Well having bored you with probably the millionth photos you've seen on social media today with snow on I will end this blog with the customary cute baby photos. 




And when I mean cute baby photos I mean cute Pebble photos because Nemo is always running around so all my photos are like this! 



No comments:

Post a Comment