Monday 6 March 2017

Beached whale and hormonal...

The third trimester has certainly hit.

I'm 30 weeks and feeling very pregnant now. When I mean very pregnant I mean I feel like a tired, over emotional beached whale.

Last week was half term and I decided to take the children to Edinburgh and go up to the top of the Royal Mile. This proved to be rather ambitious. I met hubby on the way back when he finished work and my SPD was so bad by the end that I barely made it back to the car. It was a little hilarious as my hubby must have looked like he was dragging a wounded comrade back from battle. 

I keep making the error of having a bath at the childrens bedtime and then lying down in bed. This has seen me often just stay there and has lead to some very early bedtimes, the record being 7.10pm! 

As for my hormones...  now perhaps Hubby will diasagree (silently...!) but I've been feeling relatively normal throughout the pregnancy. However the last few weeks have seen me into some emotional blancmane. For example the other day I watched a program, in this episode this man's husband gets killed. He spends the entire episode staying strong then completely breaks down at the end. I blubbed so hard my eyes were sore. Honestly it was ridiculous. So distraught am I at this that I am now vetoing watching any more of this series. 
I've found that even Frozen has started to make me tears at the end. I think I need to stick to emotionally safe activities like knitting and watching Judge Judy!

Despite this I am a sucker for being pregnant. I love trying to guess what limb I can feel and the process of your body growing an entire human being never ceases to amaze me. I love feeling the baby move and know I will miss it when Pip's born. Realising I about 9 weeks away from Pip being born I have finally started Pip's baby blanket. Hubby made a request that I do the cable pattern I did for Nemo's baby blanket. 
Nemo's was a knitted one which took quite a long time, Pebble's was crocheted granny squares so was a bit quicker! 




I completed Nemo's blanket by the time I was about 4 months pregnant so I have spent the week manically knitted and am about half way through now 


Nemo's is a bit faded but here's the colour comparison. Pip's is a spring green/ blue colour. I didn't want to colour to be too masculine but decided that cream might not be a great colour choice for a baby poo and sick machine! 


Also because I love my husband and he asked nicely I am trying to complete a teddy bear from the same Debbie Bliss book as the blanket. Now I'll make a confession that 4 years ago I tried to make this for Nemo before he was born however I had already made two for other children and I ran  out of steam and never finished it! Let's hope after a break I will finish this one! 

I don't usually do selfies but I thought I would show you my bump first trimester vs my bump now 



Pip is definately growing nicely however has a lot of growing left to do! 

As for my photo project I have now completed 2016, 2015 and 2014. 
We had already done up to October 2010 so just the rest of 2010 through to the end of 2013 to do. Here is the photobooks stash so far (except 2014 which hasn't arrived yet).

 I'm hoping (perhaps ambitiously!) to have It all done by the time Pip's born!

So anyway I am popping off to do some more knitting! 







No comments:

Post a Comment