Friday 31 March 2017

Nesting

So last week I completed my goal of knitting a blanket for Pip and also the teddy bear I tried to make for Nemo 4 years ago but lost motivation to complete! 

So I showed you the blanket last blog but here it is again


And here is the little teddy bear!!



I find the seaming really tricky to get nicely but I think it kind of adds to the charm of the bear!

As soon as I finished the teddy I felt at a loss, so Saturday me and my Mum went to a wool shop and I got some wool to do a cardigan. I made this cardigan for Pebble in pink however Pip might not be impressed if he's a boy so I decided to do one in a more gender neutral colour. 


As it's more of a light blue colour I used a lilac button to balance it out (!?!) 


So then again feeling at a loss of what to do I decided to do matching booties! 


Then I decided to do a hat as well while I was at it!


I'm quite concerned that the hat won't actually fit our newborn (considering both of its older siblings have had considerably larger then average heads). But oh well at least it gave me something to do in the evening. 

I was impressed that having brought two 100g balls of dk wool (that were between £2 and £3 each) I only used just over 1 ball for the project here is how much I have left over 


I now have to decide what to do next. Tommorrow me and Hubby are spending the day in central Newcastle (without children!!!) and there are at least 2 wool shops there to visit so I may have to have a little look! 

I'm definitely feeling the nesting urge at the moment, I am making a mental note of a whole heap of things to do around the house before Pip's born. I mean why having a new born baby means I want to paint over the chips in the paint on the door frames I have no idea!

Nemo seems excited about Pip being born, he is always requesting to watch these videos on YouTube of development of babies in the womb. He also likes to feel my tummy and feel Pip kick (if he is patient enough). Im not sure how much Pebble understands, she likes to cuddle the bump and I tell her there's a baby in there but I think she might just find my tummy comfy! 

I love the bond they've built with each other. The age gap gets smaller over time, Nemo likes bossing Pebble around and Pebble is very good at saying no!



I'm looking forward to seeing all my 3 babies playing together (in the rare moments they're not fighting!) 

Pebble is unfortunately growing out of her afternoon naps, but is in that awkward in between stage. Today I put her down for a nap but heard her up and playing in her room, I didn't mind as long as I was getting some peace! When I went to get her so we could pick up Nemo from pre school this was how I found her!


What a funny little thing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment