Tuesday 20 May 2014

Woman of many talents (maybe?)

So my quest for saving money has taken me to a new level. My husband has lovely thick red hair which grows super quickly, it needs cutting every 6 weeks which costs about £15. So I decided to try and do it myself. We brought hairdressing and thining scissors from boots for £8 and I attacked my brave husband's head last night. 
This is what his hair looked like on Sunday 


Starting to get a bit long and thick for work (he has a sensible grown up finance job!) 

This is how much hair I took off (2 separate piles!)  I have to say my husband was super chilled about me doing it- I'm not sure I would have been so trusting!

Luckily we have a Dyson animal vacuum made for picking up dog  (/husband!) hair. 

And this is the end result 


Not perfect but I was pretty pleased with the result. 
I mainly just used the thinning scissors to reduce the volume in the hair. And then tidied up the ends. 

The weathers here has been fantastic recently and we got a swing for the garden for Nemo. He's been really enjoying it and has kept him happy when I hang out the washing!

Nemo is now moving around so quickly it's mad. He climbed up a step yesterday and he can stand on his own for a couple of seconds.

He and Poppy are making quite the team, no drink is safe! 

Here's one last photo of Nemo in his hat- he looks so cute :) 

2 comments:

  1. Bec, you did a fab job with Andy's hair! Well impressed with it. Love love love Nemo's hat, bless him! Hope you're all keeping well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an amazing job cutting his hair - I would not have had the courage.

    ReplyDelete