Wednesday 6 April 2016

Enjoying spring

I actually love winter, I really don't mind rain or the cold. I'm quite partial to getting wrapped up to go out and Autumn is probably my favourite season as I can get wrapped up and have the beautiful colours of the trees. Having said this with Nemo and Pebble I definately have a new appreciation for the start of spring.
I can send Nemo and Pebble to play out in the garden more and don't have to stuff a plethora of coats, hats, scarfs, waterproofs into the bottom on the pram. 

I realise most of my blogs have been crochet based so I thought I would catch you up on some of what we've been up to over the last few weeks.

We haven't been to our favourite woods in a few months now due to an outbreak of Alabama rot (which is dangerous to dogs) across the country. There were a couple of suspected cases from our woods but nothing for some time now so we eventually decided to go back. This was just in time to see the bluebells in the woods. 




Pebble really appreciates the natural beauty of the woods!


Now Pebble is attempting to walk a little and is playing out in the garden we realised she needed some shoes. Now I am always a bit stingy when it comes to shoes. I keep an eye out for second hand Clark ones which cost a fraction of the price and already have Nemo's next size and Pebbles next 3 sizes in shoes. However Pebble feet were too tiny for the shoes I had already acquired we went to the shoe shop and saw these....


How ridiculously adorable right? 
So now armed with shoes I can get rid of both children to the garden :) 


Here they are both playing on the trampoline (this rarely stays without incident for very long!) 

Most weeks we get the bus to Bristol. We go and meet Hubby for lunch and go to the museum. 



For Easter me and Nemo made the usual chocolate crunch cupcakes. 


Licking the spoon afterwards it definately a highlight for Nemo. He loves 'helping' in the kitchen. Whenever I cook I get Nemo trying to help, Pebble crawling on the floor crying to be picked up and Poppy walking around ready to pounce on any morsel of food that might be dropped. After we made the cupcakes Pebble went for a sleep and I popped upstairs to put some clothes away. This was pretty stupid though only away for a short amount of time I returned to discover Nemo had emptied a large tub of salt and a whole box of cornflakes onto the kitchen floor. 
I explained to Nemo that he shouldn't have done this and got him to help tidy up which he did happily. Afterwards I told Nemo that although I wasn't happy he made the mess I was happy that he helped tidy it up at which Nemo asked "sticker chocolate?" Which is his treat when he has done something good and has collected 5 stickers (it entitles him to a chocolate coin from Christmas which we are still getting through!) 

This was the vacuum cleaner afterwards. I thought mixed in with the bath bomb debris (leftover under our bed from another little incident) it looked quite pretty! 

We had a lovely Easter weekend with hubby being home. We enjoyed the lovely weather with a walk in Ashton court on the Friday. 
Nemo must have walked a good hour or so but needed a little carry for the last bit! 


We had some paninis afterwards in the lovely sunshine :) 



The kids did some Easter craft 

Easter Sunday saw me bring out another once a year recipe! It's hot cross buns with marmalade cooked in vanilla custard! (To be fair it tastes nicer then it looks!) 

Here's a picture of Pebble looking cute- just because!

Lining up all the cars on the mat is a daily job for Nemo! 

There have of course been plenty of walks in our town. We are keeping our local charity shop in business! 

We have also been to soft play. 
This would have been a lovely picture if Pebble was cooperating!
And just before I leave you- Darth Vadar is still very much 'in' with Nemo. This morning I found Nemo had done this- because even Darth Vadar has a soft side! 


No comments:

Post a Comment