Monday 29 August 2016

Bank holiday weekend

My poor hubby has been unwell this weekend so we've not been too adventurous this weekend. We popped to Alnwick gardens on Saturday morning just as hubby was starting to feel not too great. We first stopped by a baby shop having a sale on and I found the most awesome bargain.

 We got these really cute shoes for £5 (usually £27.50) I wish I had grown up shoes like this! 

It was a really sunny day so the kids got into their swimming costumes to go in the fountains.




Unfortunately Hubby got really unwell on Saturday and had to go to hospital but luckily he was patched up and sent back after not too long! So staying in more I have gone a bit jersey mad and have been finishing off the clothes I'd planned for the children. 
So this week I have finished 2 pairs of leggings and 3 tops for Nemo and Pebble. 

Here are the fruits of this week's labour:
I love this material with the foxes and squirrels- so cute! They're made for Pebble but I think I could have also used this for Nemo.

These leggings I think are so cool for Nemo! 


Top for Pebble 

Fox top for Pebble (you can see it came after the light green top as its a bit neater!)

And finally... 

This time I did a little kangaroo pocket for Nemo

I think this is Nemo's favourite top 
Nemo is at a stage where if you ask him to smile he will give a very cheesy grin!!

And just for the laugh here are Nemo and Pebble in all the handmade glory! 

The star of the weekend has definately been Poppy who won 2nd prize for the happiest dog at a local dog fair! Here she is with her lovely rosette!

I have to show you this photo of Poppy- she always manages to find a patch on sun to lie in- she has always done this even before we got her at 8 weeks. 

This week saw me pick up a pencil for the first time in years. I drew a lot before children but sitting outside watching the children play and being unable to bring my sewing machine out I decided to draw a kingfisher instead. 
The lovely thing was when Nemo saw it he said it was "Beautiful" it was so sweet I said thank you to him and he said "your welcome"! Sometimes he is so grown up! In balance he's spent most of the weekend moaning but you take what you get from Nemo! 



No comments:

Post a Comment