Tuesday 23 August 2016

This week's walks and sewing!

So this week I have continued by journey into jersey materials. I have 1m of several different stretch materials and worked out I could make a pair of leggings and a long sleeved top from each meter. So today I did my first long sleeved top for Nemo

It's nearly impossible to make Nemo stand still for photos and not pull any faces!


I'm actually pretty pleased with it. It would definately help to have an over locker (although would definately not help our purses!) I didn't buy any ribbed material for the neckline but managed to get away with the jersey material. 

This week I also made the apron

I love the lining but my husband can't get his head around having the plain material on the outside and the pretty material inside!


I ventured into embroidery for the first time and did my first little picture on my apron. I feel that my transformation into a proper housewife is nearly complete! :-p 

Actually having said that bake off starts this week and I'm endeavouring to complete a baked good for each week (I managed some weeks last year) so my stereotypical housewife points are stacking up!

We ventured to St Abbs on Friday for a local market they do. At one point whilst talking to someone Nemo and Pebble started moaning and got given free samples of biscuit from a stall lady which of course meant I had to buy them something! 
Also came out with some yummy local jam we've had before. 

Banana jam... You might think I'm mad but if you like banana on toast you'll see where they're going with it- it's surprisingly yummy. 

The weather wasn't amazing but St Abbs is still a gorgeous place to go.



We popped into Etal this weekend as well. We didn't actually go on the train ride which I've heard is amazing for children but instead went for a cup or tea in the tea rooms and a walk by the river. It absolutely tipped with rain during our walk but I actually love heavy rain and the children were pretty cosy!


Poor sheep!

These cute little birds were more like seagulls in their blatant scavenging crumbs from the floor!

When we got back we watched a murder mystery and I was very proud as Pebble popped herself onto the sofa to watch it with us!


Nemo reached a potty training milestone. 5 minutes into the service on a new church we hadn't been to before when the whole church was very quiet Nemo announced loudly "I need a wee wee"! 
Comical and embarrassing as it was it was great progress for Nemo who's potty training has been very slow and steady!! 

Sunday saw the end of Poppy's month of confinement whilst she has been on season. Now poppy actually escaped during the month but we're pretty confident (/hoping like mad) the patter of paws are not coming! Having commented how much Poppy would like the Etal river walk we went back there.

She's free!!






The children walked the first half of the walk (maybe just shy of 2 miles) and we walked back. Of course it took us over an hour to walk the first half and then about a third of the time to get back! Pebble is still finding it a novelty to walk by herself and had to stop every 10 seconds to pick up a leaf of stone which she would carry very briefly before proudly throwing it back on the floor! 

I'm going to try my hand at some more sewing as my lovely husband has kindly put the children to bed and has plonked himself by his Xbox! Bye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment