Friday 7 August 2015

Busy bees

So guess who has manages to write 2 blog posts without getting them from drafts to published? Sometimes this blog app alludes me. So instead of posting out of date things I have just decided to write a new one with the bits from the old posts! 

So it's happened, I have started making children's clothing for Nemo and Pebble and I'm getting quite addicted. It's so satisfying watching them wearing things I have made. 
It started with making a romper for Pebble from a pattern my mum used 32 years ago for my older sister! 


I worked on it at my parents house whilst hubby was taking his CFA exam in London. I needed quite a lot of help from my Mum but managed to complete it! 

Here Pebble is modeling my completed romper. I like this photos as it shows Ayla in her hand made romper lying on her homemade play mat with her homemade elephant and homemade crochet balls! 

Of course having finished one I decided to try making another in this lovely fabric.


I then decided to use some dinosaur material to make a pair of shorts for Nemo and a matching neck tie. The pattern for the shorts was free from here: 

http://cailamade.com/summer-shorts-free-pattern-and-tutorial/




Then of course I then had to make another :) 




Here is Nemo modeling his new clothes

 
Also made a couple of more neck ties for the children



For my birthday my Mum and Dad got me a wool bundle from attic24 and I have now finished crocheting my cosy stripe blanket.



My lovelies snuggling with the blanket :) 

Aside form that I used some of the left over wool to do a couple more attic24 projects:



So with 
Another sewing project in the pipeline I'm feeling a little excited about all this clothing making! 
Hubby has finished his exams for this year so we will get a few months off at least! 

Pebble is now 6 months old and is moving around quite a bit now. She and Nemo are really playing together now and are besotted with one another. 
Cuddling in the car :) 


Here they are playing with Nemo's dinosaurs :) 

So that's my sewing update, watch this space :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment