Wednesday 19 August 2015

We're going on a bear hunt!

So the summer holidays are almost finished and they had been filling me with dread before they started. I take Nemo and Pebble to various groups typically 3/4 times a week so the idea of going for 2 months without them worried me! 
We have actually had a really lovely time doing some different things to usual.

We have had many trips to Leigh Woods. Leigh Woods has been a frequent destination since first moving to Bristol. When we first moved to Bristol and had no car we would get the train from Filton to Clifton then walk a considerable way to get to the woods. Our dog Poppy was only a puppy then so would often be exhausted but the time we actually arrived there! 

Here is Clifton suspension bridge where we used to walk over
And here is a young Poppy in the woods 

Before too long we got our own car which made the journey much easier! 
Here I am in Leigh Woods about 7/8 months pregnant with Nemo 

And here is my hubby playing with Poppy 

In the last 2 weeks of my pregnancy with Nemo (I went 2 weeks over due) every day after going for a swim we went for a power walk around Leigh Woods to try and get me into labour! 
We went with my mum on the morning of the day I went into hospital to be induced, it was by Clifton suspension bridge I got the call to go in! 

So naturally some of my first walks with Nemo were in Leigh Woods 

And some of Nemo's first steps were here 



When we moved to the North West side of Bristol last year it meant that Leigh Woods was much closer to get to and that means that we have been dozens and dozens of times since moving here! 
Here are some photos of walking with 2 children! 





It really is a special place to us having seen us go from a a newly married couple with no transport to getting a car, getting pregnant, having 1 dog and baby and now having 1 dog and 2 babies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment