Wednesday 19 August 2015

Making a pledge

So whilst feeding Pebble I was browsing Facebook when this advert for a free development check for your child came up. Curious I clicked on it and answered a few basic questions about Nemo. The end came and adviced that Nemo might have autism and that I should speak to my paediatrician. 
This is ridiculous. It was based on the fact that having just turned 2 Nemo has only just started putting words together and that at play groups he tends to do his own thing rather engaging with the other children. My health visitor has no concerns about his development, neither do I. He is an engaging, confident and chatty little boy, I know this and yet I feel the compulsion to regularly look on the internet in regards to development. And know I have 2 children, it's double the pressure!
I realised that what was more ridiculous then this over simplified app was me for looking at this stuff when I know 
I therefore am making a pledge, I am 
-unsubscribing from weekly update emails which try to tell me what my child should be doing
-browsing the internet for information on what my child should be doing
-not going to stress when I see that other children of the same age as my children are doing something mine isn't!!!!

And just because I can't blog without a picture! 
(Aren't they cute!) 


No comments:

Post a Comment