Friday 7 August 2015

Nemo is 2 and the dinosaurs roam among us!

So little Nemo turned 2 this week. I cannot believe how quickly it is going! He is now officially a little person now not a baby :( 
This year Nemo got to spend his birthday with his Grandparents. I spent the day before trying to make his birthday cake. This was challenging having two little ones around. Last year I made Nemo a finding Nemo cake 








So this year I felt I had to try and keep up. My husband has become very enthusiastic about reliving his childhood having loved dinosaurs as a child has been getting Nemo into them.
So naturally Nemo had to have a dinosaur cake! 
My sister made a really good dinosaur cake for my husbands birthday which further added to the pressure! 
 I made the waterfall from buttercream Icing with blue food colouring blended in and just the clarify they are dinosaur eggs at the top! I stole my sisters idea of using an ice cream cone to make a base for the volcano. The sea monster is modelled on something more interesting.... an UNUSED urine sample bottle.
Now there is a funny story from my childhood about urine sample bottles. My mum worked as a doctors receptionist in previous years and so being a resourcefull mum in a family of 6 she used new urine sample bottles to put raisins in for our packed lunches. Needless to say I did get some odd looks though at school! Mum now uses them to put milk in when she has a flask of tea! 

For his birthday Rowan got dinosaur shorts with a bib x 2 (see last blog), many dinosaur models some playdough and a digger with trailer as a joint present with my parents.


He also got from various friends and family some duplo, a play tent, a dragon bath toy, some clothes, crayons in a homemade crayon holder and probably some other things I can't remember. He has been a lucky boy. 

In the morning we went to soft play. There is a under 4 section there but Nemo likes to go straight into the older child section and runs around fearlessly like maniac. As it was his birthday he got a cookie break :) 

As my husband tried to eat his Pebble stole it from him! 


Both Nemo and Pebble had a great time 
Nemo having fun being chased by Grandad! 

When we got back Nemo had a sleep and in the afternoon we went to a local farm. 

I seemed to enjoy feeding the animals more than Nemo!

Pebble loves being held and spends a lot of time in our ergo!

The highlight of Nemo's trip was probably the park and icecream break! 

Nemo had a lot of sugar on his birthday and went on a bit of a crash the next day! He did however have an amazing day and has lots of lovely new things curtesy of our lovely friends and family.

So happy birthday to my sweet little boy, he is such a delight and we are so lucky to have him- he just needs to stop growing so quickly! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment