Monday 26 October 2015

Invasion of Llanberis, day 1 and 2!

This year we and our extended family invaded llanberis for a weeks holiday. 
You may remember from my last blog that Pebble and Nemo had been unwell for several weeks. I took  Nemo and Pebble to the GP the day before we left and found that Pebble had an ear infection. She was prescribed antibiotics so we headed on our holiday thinking we were sorted. 
We set off the next day and when we stopped off for lunch we discovered Pebble was covered in a rash, head to toe. 
Sometimes you have to love modern technology, we called our GP who gave us his email and mobile number so we could text and email him photos on Pebbles rash. He then called us back and said It looked like an allergic reaction. We got to Llanberis and there was a mad dash around to attempt to get piriton and take Pebble to the local GP. Luckily Pebble was given some different antibiotics by the Doctor so we were sorted! 

(Luckily Pebble still had her appetite!)

On the first full day on holiday we headed to Parc Glynllifon for a walk with my parents and sister. 
Nemo loves Poppy :) 
Nemo and his Auntie. With their s


This reminds me of a picture I love by Escher with the layers: under the water the reflection of the water and things on top of the water. 


I have a bit of a thing about wild mushrooms (probably not the right terminology but on well!) I tell Pebble and Nemo that they are fairy homes :)



Nemo makes me laugh when you ask he can't say "twit twoo" instead he goes "to too!" Like a train when you ask him what noise an owl makes!



Poppy very much enjoyed the stream!

It was really beautiful (bar the bottle underneath!)
Slightly strange piece of art?!?








Afterwards we had a trip to Caernarfon quickly afterwards. In this shop there were the most gorgeous baby clothes- but super expensive. There was the most adorable coat for a little girl (in the twenties for price!) but I reluctantly managed to resist realising that I could bags of clothes for the kids at the charity shop for £20!
Nemo loves all our family but definately makes a b-line for my Dad (even over me and hubby!) Hubby and my Dad went off for a cake whilst the girls went to some charity shops but I did not find anything this time!

The twins really enjoyed having Poppy around. They frequently over the course of the holiday followed her around. Their Dad taught them the word "soft" so there was a point were they were both stroking Poppy saying "soft soft" they could feature on an advert....

Full day number 2 saw all the family apart from my younger Brother and his wife head for Aber Falls. It's great as it's only a 2 mile walk each way and is pushchair friendly. 
Guess who Nemo's gone to?
Nemo likes to help push the pram :) the walk up was pretty gentle with a couple of steeper parts which were a bit tiring to push the pram up but nothing too bad!

Fairy mansion? 


Fairy town!


It was a beautiful waterfall

All the being pushed was too much for Pebble!



Nemo and Daddy having fun :) 



It was definately a highlight. Nemo did really well walking at least half of the 4 mile walk. The twins also walked a considerable amount. We all had lots of fun carrying the children and on the way down having pram wars! Afterwards we popped into Bangor. 
My Dad and Hubby went for another coffee and cake session and I bought Hubby a jumper. He barely ever gets any clothes for himself but had really liked it so I decided he deserved a treat! 






No comments:

Post a Comment