Saturday 17 September 2016

Manic week

Last week was just been so busy. 

Hubby was down to Bristol 3 times in 1 week. This means he gets up at 4.30am and doesn't return until 8pm-12pm (depending on which flight he gets). 
Last Saturday we went down to my twin nieces' 3rd birthday party. I wasn't able to show you the presents I had made them but here they are 



The twins looked adorable in their butterfly dresses for the party


Nemo and Pebble enjoyed playing with the twins' birthday present more than they did. 

Here they are with their birthday cake- so sweet they love Thomas the tank engine!

The twins love Poppy and give her a lot of attention (not all wanted by Poppy but she is amazingly patient!)

Going to the party did mean almost 6 hours in the car but the kids did really well. 
On Sunday we didn't do much as we were pretty tired but did our usual Sunday evening trip to the lighthouse.





Nemo now attends pre school every weekday afternoon and I have got Pebble into the routine of having a nap whilst Nemo's there. This gives me some great time to catch up on errands in the house. This does however give limited time to going out. I definately enjoy having the time off every day but do miss having the flexibility to take the children out during the week for the day. 

Wednesday was rather crazy for me, Hubby was away, at 9:45am the children's bunk beds arrived flat packed. Now the delivery was supposed to be made when my husband was home and could help me but it got delayed so arrived when he was on the opposite of the country instead!
To give you some idea a full sized lorry made the delivery and put this pallet on our driveway. Both the kids were running around outside the front of our house excited by this lorry and I had to somehow get this massive package inside. 
Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo of the delivery intact but here are the remenants of the packaging to give you an idea of what I was faced with!



I did that really weird British thing where the delivery man asked me if I needed some help, and I said "no I'll be fine! I know you've very busy". He asked if I was sure- I said yes and he got back into his lorry. I'd just started hacking into the package with some scissors when I saw he had got back out of his lorry saying that he couldn't leave me to deal with it! He kindly spent 10 minutes helping me which made life so much easier.

At 10am by friend arrived with her children- one is Pebble's age and I was taking care of her for the morning. I had 3 toddlers for the morning which was surprisingly less tricky then I had imagined then dropped Nemo off to preschool. In the afternoon my friend picked her child up and Pebble went to sleep so I decided that I would start making the bed, which, naturally, didn't have full instructions. 

Just a few of the bits and pieces.

And there's the rest, I took this photo when trying to work out which piece went where. 

Anyway between providing some basic care to my children I worked on this bunk bed until past 10pm. I won't go into the details but I finished the day with blistered hands and bruises on my shoulders (part of the construction involves squeezing yourself into the little chubby holes to screw things into multiple layers of wood.) 

Anyhow it was all worth of because voila here is the bed completed
It's amazing! Me and my husband thought about these bunk beds for months! I had a friend get her sons something similar years ago when Nemo was a small baby. We decided that we definately could not justify the cost, but there was something so fun about them that it was worth it! I think we are slightly living our own childhood dreams!

Pebble sleeps on the bottom. She has a mermaid quilt.
The beds have two little cubby holes under the stairs and slide.

Nemo is on top and of course has a pirate quilt. Nemo calls their beds a pirate ship!

They both love their new beds. 

I love how they're both clutching their precious things :) 

So that was Wednesday. Thursday and Friday evenings saw us out of the house doing some errands which meant that bake off had to be put off until Saturday. It's all over now though as my husband has 2 weeks off- yay! We celebrated on Saturday night by having our delayed bake off night. 
We made pancakes for batter week. 

This one wasn't very good but I thought it looked amazingly moon like!

Humm Nutella and banana!

Lemon juice and sugar

Well I'm off now until next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment