Monday 10 October 2016

6 years of awesomeness

*disclaimer this post may be soppy very soppy- you have been warned*

Today me and Hubby are celebrating 6 years of marriage. I always get a bit soppy around anniversaries- maybe this stops when you've had a whole load of them! I always find myself reflecting on how much our lives have changed in such short amount of time. Since getting married we have had 2 children, 3 houses and 4 jobs between us. It feels like we've been quite busy. 
Yesterday we went to Alnwick gardens in the day time which was where we had our wedding photographs and evening do. We were with my brother with his wife and twins who are holidaying in Northumberland for the week. 
We had a great time and sought to recreate a couple of our wedding photos. 
One of my favourite wedding photos is this one
Not the most polished posing no?
Well the story behind this is that the fountains only came on periodically. We were supposed to do this pose where Hubby was holding me in a reclined position and I was supposed to look up at him lovingly but we just weren't practised enough. This photo is us just looking at the photographers confused and laughing because we have no idea what we are supposed to be doing. Yesterday we attempted to recreate the look 
Not sure we nailed it on either of the attempts- there's always next year!

Here are Nemo and Pebble playing on the same tractors we did! 





There was this photo so we posed in the same spot 


Other photo attempts included the over the water feature one

Hubby and pebble attempted this 


The children wouldn't cooperate to do this one and it ended up looking like this

There's the bench one (like I said definately not a natural in front of a camera- I remember feeling particularly arkward for this one!) 
Vs bench shot now
Yes Pebble is doing that annoying back arch thing as she was unhappy to have her photo taken and yes Nemo is roaring! 

In the evening we went for an evening meal in the treehouse. (Curtesy of my big brother who babysat) This was where we had our wedding breakfast. It's such a magical place with my favourite- fairy lights- everywhere! 
So here's us in the treehouse 6 years ago 

And here we are now!



So 6 years older and 6 years crazier! 
I can honestly say that I married the most incredible person. He is the most supportive, generous and loving husband but he also challenges me, doesn't let me out stubborn him and helps balance out my weaknesses. Just in case that wasn't enough he is also unbelievably hard working and intelligent.
He is the kind of husband who comes home and will always noticed the efforts I've made in the house (he really understands how hard it is to keep up with housework with Nemo and Pebble!). He is also the kind of husband who, if he comes back to house that looks like a bomb went off, will be sympathetic to the kind of day I've had with the children and will of his own accord help tidy up.
When Nemo was first born I initially really struggled breast feeding him which could be painful (he had a tongue tie). My lovely husband would stay up with me during those first hard days, even though he could have just grabbed some sleep, just to be supportive and talk with me. There are a million and one things I could say like that that illustrate how amazing he is. 
I frequently say I feel that I won the lottery when I married my husband. I feel like I've gone in to a car shop brought myself a nice car (maybe a nice Renault Megan) and actually realised after leaving that it's actually some kind of Mercedes Benz (you can tell I'm not a car person). I feel like at any moment someone it going to come running after me shouting "hey! Come back! That's the wrong car!"
My husband is the Mercedes Benz of husbands and I'm not sure quite how I managed to get such an amazing one! 

Anyway so here's to my husband, infinitely patient and loving as both a husband and father! You won gold in the olmpics of husbandry! (And no I don't mean the farming husbandry although I'm sure there's parallels living in our house!)



1 comment:

  1. Indeed - but he did pretty well too - and you are probably the most photogenic person I know, with the possible exception of your daughter

    ReplyDelete