Wednesday 26 October 2016

Last bake off (and some hedgehogs too!)

The last bake-off is here! This is a sad time as bake-off won't be the same after this year :( 
However I am also just a touch relieved that I don't have to do my usual mad rush on a Wednesday to bake something after the preschool and swimming lesson run.
So this week I had a blank canvas for final week (no theme announced last week) so I gave it some thought and decided to bake my husbands absolute favourite- chocolate cake!


It won't be the end of my baking yet though. I've decided to try a Christmas pudding recipe with chocolate in so have had dried fruit and cranberry marinated in lemon and clementine juice for the last 2 days. It smells beautiful!



My other little projects this week have included a bit of a spontaneous autumnal display in our area. It was inspired my Nemo's love for the hedgehog I did for my Autumn wreath 

So I did Nemo, hedgehog 
He loved it so much he took it to bed. Nemo of course then requested a Daddy hedgehog, then of course a Mummy and Pebble hedgehog. I'd bought two small pumpkins with the intention of the children painting them. But I was then hit by inspiration and this happened instead!


Daddy
Mummy 
Pebble
Nemo

Of course I needed to make some nice leaves for them too and I used some drift wood to make them a comfy home :) 
Nemo has now requested a Grandma and Grandad hedgehog but hubby will need to buy me more wool for that! 

Yesterday another inspiration struck. I have some fairy lights that I haven't put up in the new home because I have nowhere to hang them where I can disguise the black wiring.

 I decided that could try and crochet over the wire and do decorations to make it look like a plant vine. 
So yesterday I spent hours crocheting two different colours of green wool to the wire. It now looks like this 

So ok I've now got stuck. Originally I was going to do some green leaves and flowers but now I'm wondering should I go more autumny or even Christmassy? I could do some lovely autumny leaves acorns etc (similar to the wreath) or I could do holly leaves and berries. I could hedge my bets and do some flowers but do them in more autumnal colours (reds, purples etc). 
So genuinely need some opinions here what should I do??




Now just before I leave you, me and my lovely friend were discussing our inability to keep on top of everything in our lives as I explained that last week's good baking meant I had been a terrible house keeper! So in the name of balance I thought I'd share a photo of the carnage I was left with after I finished my wreath a couple of weeks ago! 

This mess wasn't cleaned up until the next day I was so tired when I finished! 

No comments:

Post a Comment