Friday 14 October 2016

Bake off catch up

Though I haven't blogged about it I have been just about keeping up with my bake off cooking. So I think I have yet to blog about pastyry week onwards. 

Pastry week saw me pull out the apple tart I did last year. Now last time I did it the curd part made out of cooking apples was really sour and you had to sprinkle and fair amount of sugar to enable you to without pulling an interesting face. This year the supermarket didn't have cooking apples so I used normal ones and actually it made the curd part perfect.
Still don't have a nice shaped dish to make it have a pretty edge!€



My sister did a similar tart last year and I liked the pastry leaves she put on top so I copied!

So botanical week we we on holiday in Centre parcs and anyone who's tried cooking in their kitchens will know the facilities aren't brilliant! I therefore played it safe with a banana loaf!


Slightly uninventive but achievable!

Last week I mad chocolate mousse for dessert week. 

 

 I cheated and used bought biscuits but I really struggle for time on a Wenesday as after pre school Nemo has his swimming lesson. 
This week I completely failed to get anything ready for a Wednesday so we had to delay bake off night until yesterday. Totally at a loss as to what to make for Tudor week (and not finding any recipes that I could quickly knock together online) I went for a pie that I've made before. I'm ashamed to say it wasn't even something like game pie or even red meat it was a  chicken pie! So I realise that it was a very lose connection to this week's bake off but there you go I did something!
 
To redeem myself I can say it was very yummy! 
I can't remember what next week is- I'm really hoping its something straight forward! 

No comments:

Post a Comment