Sunday 16 October 2016

My most favourite season :)

Autumn is my favourite season, Hubby loves it too and that's why we got married in October. 
I think both having pale skin that burns super easily (and now two pale skinned children who burn super easily too) I'm not a massive fan of the really hot weather in summer. I love getting coats, hats and scarves out and wrapping up warm. I love the way the leaves change colour. As a child we always used to holiday in Northumberland in Autumn and I think Northumberland suits the colder weather. 


Of course there is one massive super plus to our new house- we have a gorgeous fire place with a wood burner. I have spent all summer ogling over it waiting for an opportunity to use it and the last couple of weeks have given us ample opportunity. 
Over the last couple of weeks having realised that we have hit Autumn I have been desperately trying to complete my autum wreath. Another attic24 I'm afraid! 
I made one for my sisters birthday in June so I think I lacked some motivation to do another one! 
(My sister's)
The project involves a lot of tiny parts as well as a making a cover for a polystyrene ring

 
Half way through


Here are all the bits when I'd completed them and sewn the threads in. After you've done this you have the tedious job of sewing them all onto your wreath so after a night of sewing here it is 


Yay! 




Originally I had a pair of acorns hanging down from the top into the middle until I realised (and Hubby confirmed) that they looked like a pair of testicles hanging down!

It looks lovely against the stone fireplace and has replaced my spring/summer wreath


My favourite thing about the wreath is definately the little hedgehog in the middle- she is so cute and enjoyable to make!
  
Now my other motivation to complete this wreath was that Hubby very kindly brought me a overlocker from lidl. I decided I would never finish it if I opened my overlocker so I haven't allowed myself to open it! I have 1m of this cute whale jersey fabric so think I might make something for the children with that.



So exciting!

Just in case you were wondered why our fire in an above picture was covered in wood and sticks it's because we did a wood collecting trip to the beach today. Our local beach is really good for washed up drift wood which we use for kindling. We went today and the stormy weather meant that massive amounts of wood had washed up there. The weather was pretty foul though! 

You can see a bit of the massive waves in the background. Nemo wasn't impressed because he wanted to go to the park so at the end of our wood collecting trip me Pebble and Poppy headed back got here car and Daddy took Nemo to the park in the pouring rain!


Here is our collected wood to be dried out. If you're wondering about the orange peel, I read somewhere on the Internet that when dried it makes good kindling and smells nice when burnt. Well it burnt well but I have to admit I didn't notice any smell. 

And just to finished off my blog I'll show you this cute picture of Hubby teaching Nemo how to set up the fire-how sweet :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment