Thursday 24 September 2015

My latest crafting endeavours

Hey all, 
I have an amazing husband. Before my Mum went on holiday we were discussing on the phone her latest attic24 project the harmony blanket. Mum had bought the bundle of wool for this recently to do on her holiday. I said to Mum that I had also been eyeing this up. A few days later a bundle of wool arrives in the post as Hubby had heard me talking about it and ordered it for me! How romantic is that? 

Here's the link for the pattern

I have made a start but haven't been able to do that much as both Nemo and Pebble have been unwell and needing lots of love and attention! (Even Mr Independant has been needing lots of hugs which is very usual!) I'm afraid it's snotty noses galore in this house.

On the blanket I have completed the first strip of granny squares and joining

And I have done all the squares for the second strip but need to join them. 
The colours are so pretty. 
I think this blanket will go on our bed when it's finished. It would be nice to finish it for December but I may need to get a move on! 

I also completed two dresses for my twin Nieces' second birthday. 

I got the pattern free from here 

http://richesandroses.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/toddler-pinafore-dress-tutorial.html


It was really nice and simple to do which is a bonus if you need to do double! 
Here are some pictures of my nieces wearing them. 




I thought the dresses didn't look to bad although I think anything would look pretty good on such cute little girls! They really are adorable! 

I would love to do some more sewing projects but probably need a wait to buy some fabric as I spent a fair amount of money this month charity shopping for future clothing for Pebble and Nemo (!!!) probably good to focus on getting some more of the blanket finished anyway!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment