Wednesday 9 September 2015

Putting Nemo in a big bed

Nemo is 2 now and have been sleeping in a single bed at my parents for a little while now. People have kept asking me whether I had put Nemo in a bed instead of his cot yet and I kept arguing that why would I want to? Nemo sleeps through the night- if it's not broken don't fix it! I was worried about Nemo getting out of his bed but also knew it couldn't be too long before he learnt how to get out of his cot anyway! 
I also knew that I would have to toddler proof his room if I put him in a bed. However I had been thinking for a while that it would make sense to swap his room over with the spare one. Pebble has had her cot in her spare room which had my husbands desk and computer in for his studying however now he has passed his last exam he doesn't need a study anymore (yay!) 
So on bank holiday weekend we decided to move things around and while we were at it bite the bullet and make Nemo's Cotbed into a bed. 

We dismantled the desk and put the computer away- which felt really good! We switched around the furniture in the rooms, toddler proofed Nemo's room and this is the result:

I got all the dinosaur stickers for £5 from a man selling them locally having bought them in bulk for a soft play he was doing, however the contract was canceled. (What a bargain!) 

Nemo's Bamboo Bear and Nemo. Bamboo Bear was made for Nemo by his Auntie who knitted him just before he was born. Nemo loves Bamboo Bear and even took him to the supermarket with him recently and sat him in the trolley! 

The spare bed is still in Nemo's room for guests (it can turn into a double). The patchwork quilt on top was made for me by my mum. (The white powder is Nemo's talcum powder which he calls snow and likes to be smoothered in!)

This bunting was made for Nemo by another of his Aunts! 

More dinosaur stickers! Here is a bunting my friend bought us and a Thomas the Tank Engine clock his Nanny gave us. 

I have been quite grateful to move some of Nemo's bulky toys upstairs! 

This is a penguin hanging thing (?!?) that we bought from the Green shop in Berick (a shop I love!) before we even had children. I always knew I wanted children and am definately a child at heart! 


Here is Nemo's view from his window, now he's on this side of the bed he can see the bridge with the cars going over which he loves. 


This is some curtains that cost me about £6 from the local charity shop. Again bargain! 

So that is Nemo's room, here's Pebble's:

Again I wish I could pretend this was bought for the children but it was actually mine! 

Our trusty old rocking chair. Despite it being a maternity rocking chair, my husband (then fiancĂ©) bought it for my 21st birthday because I had always wanted a rocking chair! 


More dinosaur stickers, a homemade bunting and a home made quilty thing I made when I was pregnant with Nemo that has found more use as a wall hanging! 

Fairy lights of course! 

Such a cute lampshade again bought during my pregnancy with Nemo. 

More stickers (yes the same batch I bought for £5!) 

A felt owl hanging, I have two of these, one my sister bought me and one my husband did. 

More stickers.....

Mummy and Daddy storage shelving because Pebble doesn't need the space!! 

We are so pleased with the result we also sorted through the entirety of the children's clothes to reorganise them. We are keeping all their clothes as we plan more children in the future. Here are all the clothes, including boxes of future clothes we have bought or have been given:

There were 19 boxes of various sizes! What a productive weekend!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment