Thursday 17 September 2015

My little collection :)

Hubby's is away a lot at the moment with work, in one month he is doing 6 overnight stays. It's not always like this but September/ October always has lots of conferences. 
We have this little jokey agreement that every time my hubby goes away and stays overnight he brings me back something. I think it's a through back to childhood when my Dad would occasionally go away and I would ask him on his return "have you brought me anything?"! (I'm pretty sure that I was not the only one and my siblings would do this too!)

Anyway hubby was away last week and brought the children some cute things from Northern Ireland

He got me a little Irish necklace (but it's in Pebbles room and she's sleeping so I can't get a picture!) having bought some presents home in Friday I didn't expect him to get me anything yesterday when he returned from another conference however he did! 
Oh it's so nice and snugly!

People who know me well will probably have noticed I wear quite a lot of scarves/ shawls/ snoods and I have collected a fair amount of them! I had a big clear out last year of scarves but my hubby believes I still have too many!  My Mum would definately disagree though, she is always knitting shawls and says that a girl can never have too many. I think maybe by relationship with scarves is a little like most woman's relationship with shoes and handbags. (I don't have many of shoes and my handbag is now the nappy bag!)
So I thought I'd share my small collection with you! 
My mum knitted this, I have a confession that it got felted in the washing mashine when I mass washed some of scarves as I'd used them for padding for delicates when we moved house. However I think the felting is actually quite cool!
Another my mum knitted

I bought the following 3 scarves/ shawls from a stall in Leeds for £10 total about 8 years ago, definately  a good investment! 
I wear this one a lot it's a really soft material 




I got this one from bath Christmas market, I got one for my sister and liked it so much hubby bought me one for Christmas.

Hubby bought me this from the fairtrade shop in York when we were both students. 


My friend got me this for my birthday and it's a favourite! 

This is a hemp scarf hubby bought me from a fair trade market in York when we were dating. 

A charity shop find! 


I love this white stuff one I got a few summers ago! It has small white polka dots and plain green. 
This snood was a leaving present from my old work in Gloucester. 
Present from my sister

This is a new scarf/ shawl from St George's market in Northern Ireland.



This is a shawl from Scotland that hubby bought me from a work trip a few months ago. 


All piled up into colours, I definately have a lot of blue and purple.
Back in their home! 
This isn't the entirely of my collection, I have a few more scarves knocking around the place but it is most of them. I have realised that despite claiming I have too many scarves hubby is definately an enabler as he has bought me the majority of these over the years! I don't think my collection is too bad is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment